Dengie Healthy Hooves 20kg
Healthy Hooves is a nutritionally-balanced, low-calorie, high-fibre feed for leisure horses and ponies with added biotin.
- A blend of soft cereal straw, chopped and pelleted nutrient-rich alfalfa
- Low in calories, providing 8.5MJ/kg of Digestible Energy
- Healthy Hooves is packed with B vitamins, including biotin at levels that research has shown to improve hoof quality
- Contains a light molasses coating and garlic to tempt fussy horses
- Low in sugar and starch, ideal for horses in light work, good do-ers and laminitis prone horses
- When fed at the recommend rate (500g per 100kg bodyweight) Healthy Hooves will provide your horse with a balanced diet
Proven nutrients for healthy hooves
Several studies have been conducted into how much biotin a horse requires. A study published in the Equine Vet Journal (1992), found that greater growth rates and hardness of hooves was achieved at a daily feeding rate of 15mg of biotin than at 7.5mg in horses? diets. The level of biotin included in Dengie Healthy Hooves has been formulated accordingly and thus when fed at the recommended rates will provide a 500kg horse with 15mg of biotin per day.
Research published in the Vet Record (1987) demonstrated that alfalfa increases the quality and quantity of horn growth which was attributed to the highly available calcium and essential amino acids found naturally in alfalfa.